Sports Month Results
"Not everything that counts can be counted" Albert Einstein
At Bridlington School, we recognise that the personal development of our students plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve their full potential. As such, the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) enrichment of our students is at the heart of the school’s ethos, as is the promotion of Bristish values.
We believe that our students cannot and will not learn effectively unless
• they are happy and secure;
• their individuality is respected;
• their differences are celebrated;
• their difficulties are understood;
• their interests are extended;
• their talents are developed.
For this reason the SMSC development of our students is as important as their academic development. We aim to provide an education that provides students with opportunities ‘shine’ in any way they can and enables them to explore and develop their own.
• values and beliefs;
• spiritual awareness;
• personal behaviour;
• positive and caring attitude towards others;
• understanding of their social and cultural roots;
• an appreciation of the diversity and richness of other cultures.
We are so committed to SMSC enrichment that we dedicate a whole school week at the end of the summer term to SMSC activities for the whole school.
This area of our website will give you a flavour of the diverse range of SMSC opportunities that our students participate in as well as providing information about how we promote British values.