EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE
Bessingby Road, Bridlington, YO16 4QU
Tel (01262) 672593
32.5 hours per week + 5 days term time
NJC Salary Scale 6 (£21,748 pay award pending)
Actual Salary £16,756
The Governors at Bridlington School are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and committed Careers Adviser to join our Careers Team from September 2021. All schools are statutorily required to provide high quality and independent careers, information, advice and guidance for all learners. As part of this guidance, schools are required to work more closely with employers in an enterprising capacity and offer high quality and cohesive careers education. As a Bridlington School family member we uphold our TORCH family values of Teamwork, Opportunity, Respect, Community and Happiness. As a Careers Adviser you will support us in providing opportunities that raise the aspirations of our entire school community.
The school is located within an easy commutable distance from Hull, York and Scarborough.
The successful candidate will:
- develop a programme of one-to-one interviews for all students in Years 7-13
- work directly with the Careers Leader and Careers Coordinator to develop a rich and cohesive careers curriculum
- support the careers leader with the schools CEIAG programme
- develop a network of local employers/businesses
- work with the Careers Coordinator and Careers Leader develop a work experience programme for year 10 and year 12
- to arrange careers interviews and provide impartial advice for students in Years 7 -13
- to be available for consultation by individuals on a ‘drop-in’ basis, wherever possible
- to provide options guidance throughout school, including university/course selection
- to support students with UCAS applications and deliver relevant presentations to students and parents of requested
- liaison with the Oxbridge coordinators regarding competitive university entry
- disseminating relevant information to tutors
- To champion Log On Move On (LOMO) with pupils and staff and ensure it is integrated into pupils’ personal guidance and ‘next steps’.
- To contribute to self-evaluation of careers provision through the Compass audit process.
- To use Compass+ software to record careers interactions and identify ‘gaps’ in provision
- To be available to provider careers advice on A-level and GCSE results days.
To work with the Careers Coordinator and Careers Leader to ensure the school meets the Gatsby benchmarks and is inspection ready. The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
To work with the careers coordinator and careers leader towards meeting the Quality in Careers Standard.
Appointment is subject to an Enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application pack available from Jan Elmhirst/Sarah Knight,
- tel (01262) 672593
- email email@example.com
- visit www.bridlingtonschool.co.uk or www.recruiteastriding.co.uk
Post No: BRID CA
Closing Date: 12 noon 18th June 2021
Interview Date: w/c 21st June - If you have not heard from the school by this date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is pursuing equality of opportunity in employment.
The council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
Back to main jobs page >