Isolation Room Supervisor
Salary hours: Pay Scale Point 17, Term Time only, Full-Time Permanent
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 24th January 2020
The Governors at Bridlington School, ranked amongst the top 10% of all schools in the country and the top performing school in Yorkshire and The Humber for Progress 8, are seeking to appoint an inspirational and talented Isolation Room Supervisor. The school is located within an easy commutable distance from Hull, York and Scarborough.
The person appointed will:
- Share and communicate the values and ethos of the school to strive towards ‘Outstanding’;
- Have a track record of working with children and young adults;
- Have excellent communication, organisational and teamwork skills;
- Look after the welfare of students and ensure they are processed and abide by the schools Positive Discipline system;
- Have strength and determination, the ability to multi-task under pressure and skills in dealing with vulnerable and challenging students;
- Calmly and purposefully deal with students who display challenging behaviour;
- Communicate regularly with Pastoral Managers, Assistant Heads of Key Stage and the Deputy Head for Behaviour and Attendance;
- Be able to implement school policies;
- Keep thorough and up to date records of the behavioural journey of a student through the Isolation Room;
- Be a good role model for students;
- Be able to develop a relationship with students, which is professional, firm, fair and caring;
- Be friendly, helpful and welcoming to parents and others visiting or making contact with the school.
Appointment is subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application pack and Further details of the post are available from Jan Elmhirst,
- tel (01262) 672593
- email email@example.com
- visit www.bridlingtonschool.co.uk
- Post No: BRIDISO
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 24th January 2020
Interview Date: Week Beginning Monday 24th January 2020- If you have not heard from the school by this date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is pursuing equality of opportunity in employment.
The council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
Back to main jobs page >