2014 A Level Results – the school’s best ever!
2014 A Level Results – the school’s best ever for the third year in a row. Well done everyone!
A Level Results have risen for the third year in a row at Bridlington School:
• 52% of students achieved A* and A grades
• 58% achieved A*- to B grades
• 86% achieved A* to C grades
• 100% passed 100% of courses
Yet again we have smashed all our targets and the percentage of students achieving each grade has increased. We are particularly delighted that there has been such a big improvement in terms of students achieving the top grades of A* and A which is up by 12% on last year. We are also thrilled with the 100% pass rate - not a single student failed a single course. These are absolutely great results and really well deserved by all our students. A massive well done to them and also to their parents/carers and the staff who have worked so hard to ensure this success – a real team effort!
The following students have achieved outstanding results:
• Natasha McDermott - three A grades
• Ross McNeil - three A grades
• Ryan Piddington - three A grades
• Blain Nicholson - three A grades
• Jack Smithies - three A grades
• Corie Walker - three A grades
• Toby Harwood - three A grades
• Lauren Jeffrey - three A grades
• Beau Wedge - two A grades and one B grade
• Jade Hinchcliffe - one A grade and two B grades
Bridlington School’s reputation has been growing rapidly over the last few years. Our numbers are increasing as more and more students join the school and our sixth form consortium. This year every student who applied to University has achieved the grades they required to take up their place at their first choice University. We hope our latest brilliant set of results and the excellent success rate in terms of obtaining places at good universities will inspire even more students to decide to join us in September 2014. Students who have not yet applied and now wish to do so should phone Kathy Robson - Head of Sixth Form - on 07850 900440 or email email@example.com.
As last year, all students in the Shores Consortium will be given their own iPad to support their studies throughout their time in the sixth form and when they leave.