ADDENDUM TO SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
ADDENDUM TO SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY FOR
YEARS 7 TO 11 SEPTEMBER 2020 to DECEMBER 2020
This addendum is in place for the Autumn Term by full governors with a view to returning to the full school uniform policy from January 2021.
High standards and a positive work ethic are central to a successful future. Our school uniform creates a sense of belonging to our school community and sets the tone for all our work.
Due to the impact of COVID-19 we are trying to accommodate parents buying new uniform to being able to wash it regularly. For the Autumn Term students will not have to have a badge on their polo shirt or trousers (indicated in the highlighted section).
Please also be aware that the purple badge is being phased out and replaced with the blue badge for year 10 and 11 over the next two academic years.
Students in years 7 to 11 are required to wear the following school uniform:
- Polo Shirt: from September to December white polo shirt with or without badge. from January year 7, 8 and 9 will need a blue badge on their white polo shirt. From January year 10 and 11 will need a purple badge on their white polo shirt.
- Jumper/cardigan: Black Bridlington school sweatshirt / cardigan with a blue badge for year 7, 8, 9 and a purple badge for year 10 and 11. No other jumper to be worn in school
- Trousers: Plain black school trousers (no badge required to be reviewed for January)No leggings, no short versions at ankle, no coloured belts, no jeans
- Shoes: Low heeled, plain black (no coloured flashes,coloured soles or logos)
It is advisable that clothing is clearly marked with the student’s name in case of loss.
We are also phasing out the Year 10 and 11 PE red polo shirt over the next two years.
Students should continue to wear their PE kit if they have it. However, for the Autumn Term students can wear a clean T-Shirt, Jumper, Shorts or tracksuit bottoms.
From January students will be expected to wear:
- Navy polo shirt with red collar and arms for year 7, 8 and 9. year 10 and 11 red polo shirt.
- Navy rugby shirt with red collar and arms for year 7, 8 and 9. year 10 and 11 red rugby shirt.
- Navy blue or black shorts (not cycling)
- Navy blue or black tracksuit bottoms or sports leggings
- Long red socks
- Football boots (certain sports), Gum shield (certain sports) , Shin pads (certain sports)
- We do not allow students to wear jewellery, except for one stud per ear for those with pierced ears. No other body piercings are allowed including clear bars. Neither are ear plugs.
No accessories to nails including acrylics, varnishes, gels, jewels etc.
Hair should be clean and well-kept - extreme or unusual styles/unnatural colours are not acceptable.
Make-up should be subtle, if worn. Any student wearing excessive make-up will be asked to remove it.
The Headteacher will have the final decision on the definition of extreme/unusual/unnatural hair styles and make-up.
Remember as a minimum you will need a logo on your school jumper or cardigan from September
(Blue badge for years 7,8 & 9 and purple bade for years 10 &11)
Bridlington School uniform can be purchased from the following suppliers:
- K and A Sales (Bridlington) https://www.kandasales.co.uk/
- Betta Embroidery (Bridlington) http://bettaembroidery.com/
- myclothing.com (online only) https://myclothing.com/
If you have any questions or difficulties with the uniform requirements for September 2020 please contact us on email@example.com and we will do all we can to help.