Why choose English Language and Literature@ Bridlington?
- Engage creatively and critically with a wide range of texts
- Develop your skills as both a producer and interpreter of language
- Varied career routes available
You will have the opportunity to study a range of texts, through both reading and creative writing, including:
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
- Poetry by Robert Browning
- An anthology of multi-form texts related to Paris
Assessment is 80% external examination and 20% coursework
Where can English Language and Literature take you?
You’ll have the grounding to study either subject at a higher level, and could go on to work in teaching, journalism, PR or a wide range of other potential pathways. Studying English at A-Level also enhances the analytical and critical skills you need for most degree courses.